Eating healthy during the week can be a challenge. With work, running errands, picking up and dropping off the kids, and appointments, our busy schedules may not afford us a lot of time to prepare a healthy home cooked meal. Because of this we often times end up eating a lot of fast food and junk food while on the go. These foods don’t provide the necessary nutrition that our bodies require, and unfortunately, these habits end up wreaking havoc on our health. Here are some tips to eating healthy during the week.
1. Get a crockpot. A crockpot can save tons of time. All you have to do is put everything into the pot before work or going to bed and when you return, you have an amazing meal. You can find some amazing recipes n the internet.
2. Planning is everything! If you want to eat better, you must plan for it. When we don’t have a plan is when we end up in a bind and running to grab food at the nearest fast food joint.
3. Do your grocery shopping on the weekends and cook your food for the week on Sunday. Freeze the meals for the end of the week. Defrost the night before you want to eat them.
4. Always have fruits, veggies, and nuts accessible. These are great for a quick snack on the go.
5. Make a smoothie for breakfast. Smoothies are great because they take less than 5 minutes to make and you can throw in all kinds of healthy stuff, dark greens like kale and spinach, berries, protein powders, chia seeds, spirulina, etc. Get creative. These are also easy for “on the go.”
6. If you need to pack a lunch for work or school, make a salad. Salads literally take minutes to throw together. Check the web for recipes for mason jar salads that are great to bring to work or school.
7. Avoid fast food chain restaurants. You aren’t doing anyone any favors by buying this junk for you or your family to eat. There are healthier options like Chipotle and others if you have an emergency and must grab some food.
Hope these tips help. Just remember good health doesn’t just happen….you need to make a little bit of effort.